January 31, 2014
Top 5 things to do Valentine’s/President’s Weekend in Newport Beach
Newport Beach is home to a unique mix of pristine white sand beaches, yacht harbor, nature-preserved bay, gourmet restaurants, world-class shopping, award-winning golf, sailing, surfing and much more.
You can easily spend your time exploring tide pools, kayaking or paddle boarding, lounging at a five-star hotel pool, shopping world-renowned boutiques, or savoring a meal in one of our many acclaimed eateries.
With Valentine’s day/President’s day weekend around the corner and with three days at your disposal in Newport Beach, you may be wondering how to best spend your weekend.
We have you covered, whether you are traveling to Newport Beach with family, friends, or solo. Here are the best ways to spend your days as an adventurer or low-key coaster.
1. Get a Room: Before starting your Newport Beach vacation, set-up a home base for the weekend. For all those house-style amenities, book a Newport Beach vacation rental. Options range from beach bungalows on Balboa Peninsula or Balboa Island to lavish homes on Newport Harbor. If your accommodation-style is on the cozier side, our chic collection of boutique hotels is the perfect fit! Both set in a convenient location, consider checking-in to Newport Beach Hotel or Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel. Those looking for a luxe hotel experience should check-in to The Resort at Pelican Hill, Balboa Bay Resort, or Island Hotel Newport Beach for lavish accommodations and five-star service.
2. Cruise Together: While you are here, you can’t miss experiencing our Newport Harbor first hand while taking in the sights and sounds. For couples, snuggle up on a Gondola Cruise complete with dinner, champagne and singing gondolier. For friends, consider renting an easy-to-navigate and affordable Duffy Electric Boat that can fit 10 comfortably. Or charter a vessel from Classic Yacht Excursions, where you can sail in and out of Newport Harbor with wine and cheese on deck, for only $325 for 4 hours! For those traveling solo, Hornblower dinner cruises or tour boats located in the Fun Zone may be the perfect way to spend an afternoon or evening.
3. Get Physical: Newport Beach sits on the edge of the Pacific Ocean, is surrounded by hills, wilderness, and open space, and offers trails, parks, beaches and bays around every corner. It’s one of the most spectacular settings for outdoor adventures of any place in the world. The hills and trails of Crystal Cove State Park offer challenging and beautiful hikes and runs for everyone from ultra racers and marathoners to those out for a leisurely nature hike. On-the-water adventure opportunities include stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking, rowing and surfing.
4. Sunset Picnic: Nothing is more Newport Beach than hitting the sand while watching the sunset. Go on a casual stroll along the pristine beaches of Newport Beach, bring a beach blanket, and share a meal as the waves crash to shore. Pick up a gourmet meal to go from A Restaurant Market in Mariner’s Mile, or for something more casual, opt for Gallo’s Deli for delicious sub sandwiches.
5. Above the Rest: For those seeking an adventure, see Newport Beach from a bird’s eye view. Charter a helicopter tour of Newport Beach and see all the amazing scenery from the sky. For those looking to stay a little more grounded, contact Jetpack America and fly 20 feet above Newport Harbor via water-propelled jetpack. Now that’s a weekend to remember!
Whatever you decide to do, we hope you enjoy your three-day weekend here in beautiful Newport Beach!